There were 17,215 Volkswagen Beetles sold in the United States in 2019. The Volkswagen Beetle is one of the most recognizable automobiles of all time.
It was February 17, 1972, when the 15,007,034th new VW Beetle rolled off the assembly line and broke the world car production record previously held by Ford Motor Company for the Model T.
You may be wondering about the 2020 Volkswagen Beetle, but it does not exist. Volkswagen produced the 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Finale Edition. Read on here to learn all about it.
There is No 2020 Volkswagen Beetle
The Beetle was up for a redesign in 2020, but VW decided to make 2019 the final year for this iconic model. The unique, charming style of the familiar VW Bug lives on in the 2019 Final Edition, now available on previously owned car lots.
History of the Beetle
Production of the Beetle in Germany ended in 1974. Volkswagen has been building vehicles in Puebla, Mexico since 1965, and that was the exclusive production facility for the new 1998 Beetle.
When it was announced that 2019 would be the final production year of the Beetle, Car and Driver Magazine paid tribute to its history and its Final Edition.
The Final Edition of the Beetle is available as a convertible or a coupe. Coming in special colors of Safari Uni (tan) or Aquarius Blue, with special trim and special equipment, it is the same Beetle that owners have loved for decades. The Final Edition has two models:
- Final Edition SE—features VW Car-Net App-Connect, rhombus-quilted design seats, Kaferfach heritage-inspired glovebox, Beetle nameplate on the hatch, brushed steel pedals
- Final Edition SEL—features 6.3” touchscreen navigation system, 18” white disc alloy wheels, Fender®Premium Audio system, diamond-stitched leather seats,
With a maximum speed of 120 mph, the VW Beetle accelerates from 0-60 mph in 7.2-7.5 seconds and 0-100 mph in 19.5-20.0 seconds. Estimated gas mileage is 29 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
Features of the 2019 Final Edition Beetle
This front-wheel-drive, four-passenger vehicle has all you need in a traditional looking Beetle. Don’t miss the opportunity to pick up the latest version of this iconic automobile. Look at all it has to offer:
- Ambient Lighting—easily change to the color of your choice
- Retro-Modern Gauges—iconic heritage with all the essentials you need
- Kaferfach Heritage-Inspired Glovebox—provides a retro-modern look to the interior
- Leather-Wrapped Multi-Function Steering Wheel
- Bi-Xenon Headlights—LED daytime running lights, longer life and use less energy
- Sport-Style Bumpers—give a sporty and modern look to the VW Beetle
- 17” and 18” Allow Wheels
- Rear Spoiler—Provides a sleek look to the overall appearance
- Sunroof—Power tilting and sliding panoramic sunroof
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission—features Tiptronic® and Sport mode to allow for manual shifting
- App-Connect—allows your compatible smartphone apps to appear on the touchscreen of vehicle
- Fender® Premium Audio System—400 watts of power for concert-quality sound
This is your last opportunity to purchase a VW Beetle in the gas-powered version. If you prefer buying a new 2020 Volkswagen, check out the new inventory at Terry Volkswagen. You are sure to find a model to fit your needs.
The Good News
Although you may be disappointed that there is no new 2020 Volkswagen Beetle, the good news is Terry Volkswagen offers plenty of vehicles in both the pre-owned lot and a wide selection in new inventory.
Visit our showroom located at 19134 Forest Road, Lynchburg, Virginia, or contact our sales office at 888-349-8001 with any questions. We look forward to selling you the car of your dreams!